Even in the face of the tough economy and high unemployment rate, studies have revealed that women believe that unemployment is a deal breaker in dating a man.
Of course it’s not uncommon for people looking for a relationship to keep a mental checklist of qualities required of their potential lovers, but a recent survey revealed that a whopping 75 percent of women had problems with dating an unemployed man.
In a survey, sponsored by “FeaturedDate® Matchmaking Agency” we surveyed 925 single women and asked them a controversial & thought provoking question.
Would you date a unemployed man?
Our results found that only 4 percent of those surveyed answered “YES”
“Not having a job will definitely make it harder for men to date someone they don’t already know,”
* 75 percent of women who had problems with dating a man without a job;
* 33 percent said that unemployment was a deal breaker that cannot be overlooked;
* But a generous 43 percent said they would consider dating someone who was unemployed only if he was “getting back on track” to securing employment;
However, the survey revealed that men were far more open-minded when it comes to dating a woman without a job.
The survey revealed that almost:
* Two out of every three men are open to dating a woman without a job;
* 19 percent saying that there was no problem at all;
* 46 percent saying that they would but was also interested in knowing how the women spent their time;
Research has also shown that women were more concerned with men being “engaged in cheating activity” rather than having a huge paycheck. On the other hand, other women are afraid that dating an unemployed man will come with financial obligations.
Share Your Thoughts?
Tell us weather you believe the perspective of the women surveyed is superficial or does it come from a valid point of view?