Before you end a relationship with someone, STOP! Ask yourself these questions first to make sure you’re thinking about it clearly and completely. I know sometimes you have to believe that gut feeling you have but there is also no harm in taking the time to think about something 100%!
Here are a few questions you should ask yourself (or you could even diaglogue with someone you trust as well) before you end a relationship.
1) Does my partner abuse me, physically and/or emotionally? If the answer is “yes”, then get out of the relationship. Any abuse in any relationship is not worth it, no matter how many times the abuser apologizes and swears that he or she will never do it again.
2) Do I wish that things/problems/issues could be worked out? If you have some doubts or any thoughts that you want to stay in this relationship, then maybe the solution is not to end the relationship but to find other solutions instead. Maybe if there are some key problems, you can try to solve them with your problems. If it still does not end up well, at least you know that you gave it your all.
3) Do I truly communicate? Communication is so important in a relationship. Truly listening to your partner can actually be harder than you think. You have to focus on what they are saying and understand their opinions/thoughts/feelings. Sometimes your mind may wander off to what your response should be but you really have to focus your attention on what your partner is saying to effectively communicate. For a healthy relationship, the couple needs to learn how to listen and speak to each other in an effective way.
4) Have I talked to my partner about the problems in our relationship? Sometimes people would rather avoid the problems instead of communicating and compromising about it. Couples end up fighting over the most trivial and little things because of the build-up and frustration from the underlying and unresolved issues.
5) Has our trust in each other changed? Anything can happen. A possible scenario is that maybe your partner cheated on you. That can lead to trust issues and sometimes the cheated on person just cannot trust the other again. Both people in the relationship have to be willing to work together to build the trust between them again.
6) Are you able to forgive each other? Holding grudges may seem like it’ll be helpful to you in the moment but they are nothing more than destructive. If your partner is unable to forgive you for something and keeps bringing it up to hoard over you, then that relationship is not going to keep going.
Hopefully these questions will have opened your mind and/or helped you. I know this has broadened my mind. Think before you act!ask questions, before, couples, date, dater, dating, emotionally, ending relationships, featured date, featureddate, featureddate.com, looking, love, matchmaking, online dating, online matchmaking, partner, physically, single, stop