I just wanted to share a few interesting facts about dating and relationships today! Some shocked me, some I already knew, and some were just a little bit weird….
1. Did you know speed dating was invented by a rabbi? In Los Angeles in 1999, it was created, based on a Jewish tradition of chaperoned gatherings of young Jewish singles. So if you’ve been speed dating, thank the rabbis.
2. 1 in 3 teenagers have been through violence in a dating relationship. Sadly, I’m not too shocked by this which is horrible. I have not personally experienced this but I have friends that have. It is the worst.
3. It takes between 12 to 14 dates on average, before a couple will exchange house keys. It kind of sounds like a lot of dates but I kind of think that’s moving a bit too fast…
4. On free dating sites, there are at least 10% of new accounts that are actually scammers. Not surprising… that’s what you get when you don’t offer background checks!
5. The third week of September is declared National Singles Week in the United States. Nice to know that there’s an official week designated for singles..
6. Dating specialists actually suggest that people should wait until the third date with someone to cook someone dinner at home. Kind of surprising to me because why not earlier?
7. Over 50% of all single people in America have not had a date in more than 2 years. 2 YEARS! Don’t be afraid to get out there!
I’ll reveal some more interesting facts sometime in the future… but did some facts shock you as well? Surprised? Me too…